What do you love about the Palouse?
“Having just returned back to the Palouse from living in Seattle and California, and I can truly say that we have missed and love this area! It is home! My family and I enjoy the many outdoor activities that this area offers and we also love attending Cougar sporting events. Go Cougs!”
Sue Cole is a Physician Assistant Certified, who welcomes the opportunity to provide health care to patients through Palouse Medical’s ReadyCare Clinic and as a member of our Family Medicine Primary Care Provider team. Attending Washington State University, prior to starting PA School at the University of Washington’s School of Medicine, Sue is a WSU cougar, through and through!
She states, “I may have a degree from UW, but my colors are crimson and gray!”
Sue strives to provide a very personalized level of patient care. She combines her skills as a family medicine health care provider, experiences within the fields of orthopedic and urgent care, along with her desire to help patients achieve the health and wellness goals of her patients. She trained with Dr. Hall during her family practice clinical rotation, and continues to assist both he and Dr. Brad Bowman with in-patient and surgical care.
Services & Interests
Sue enjoys all aspects of Family Medicine and provides comprehensive primary care to her patients. She sees patients full time as a primary provider, provides consultation for diabetes care, and routinely assists as a member of our ReadyCare team. More specifically she enjoys offering:
- Wellness exams
- Assisting patients with various acute health concerns
- Helping patients with sport injury or orthopedic complaints.
- Adult and pediatric care
- Management of internal medicine health care issues: hypertension, diabetes, asthma, depression, etc.
Growing up in a rural farming/dairy community in south New Jersey, Pullman is very similar to Sue’s roots. Sue Cole and her family moved to the Pullman area in December of 2001. Her daughter Danielle graduated from Pullman High School and her husband John is employed at SEL and coaches girls’ basketball at Gar-Pal School District in the town of Palouse. Returning from Los Angeles, where she pursued an opportunity to work in orthopedics, Sue missed the small town feel of our communities. She was thrilled to once again return to the Palouse.
Outside Of Work
Outside of work, Sue and her family enjoy spending time together and participating in many different types of activities. More specifically, she enjoys cycling, hiking, skiing, and attending Cougar sporting events.
Physician Assistant School: MEDEX Northwest Physician Assistant Program – University of Washington, School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington – 2006
Clinical Rotations & Training Sites:
- Inland Orthopedics, Pullman Wa – Dr. Edwin Tingstad
- Undeserved-Benewah Medical Center – Dr. James Mullen
- General Surgery – Palouse Surgeons – Dr. Geoff Stiller
- Emergency Medicine – St. Joseph’s Hospital – Dr. Jay Hunter
- Inpatient Psychiatry – Boise, Idaho VA Medical Center – MaryAnne Sims, ARNP
- Family Medicine – Palouse Medical – Dr. Stephen Hall
Certifications. Affiliations. Memberships
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Washington Academy of Physician Assistants
- Pullman Regional Hospital – Medical Staff-Allied Health –
Assisting both Dr. Stephen Hall & Dr. Brad Bowman with surgeries and in-patient care.