Clara E. Garcia, MD
What Brought You To The Palouse?
“Pullman seems like a great place to raise a family and a great community to serve as well! We were looking for a small, good, family town to raise kiddos. We also love the outdoors, that was another big thing that drew us here. The Palouse is beautiful! It’s also kind of like coming home in a way, since I was born in Seattle. We joke we have done all the corners [of the United States]: born in Washington, grew up in Florida, school in Boston, residency in California… we had to finish it off and come back full circle!”
Dr. Garcia is a board certified physician and provides full time primary care in Family Medicine, as well as Obstetrical Care. She is eager to start her own practice here at Palouse Medical. Her goal is to foster enduring patient relationships, ensuring long-term care within our community.
La doctora Garcia está emocionada de unirse a Palouse Medical! Habla español y está entusiasmada por satisfacer las necesidades de atención médica de nuestra comunidad, atendiendo a pacientes de todas las edades.
Services & Interests
Dr. Garcia brings a passionate commitment to full-spectrum family medicine. Her aspirations extend to providing comprehensive care encompassing family medicine, obstetrics, and performing C-sections. Dr. Garcia provides care for patients of all ages for a variety of health care issues, such as:
- General Family Medicine – Primary Care & Preventative Medicine For The Whole Family
- Prenatal & Obstetrical Care
- Women’s Health & Contraception Management
- Disease Prevention
- Wellness Exams – All Ages
- In-House Procedures & Minor Surgeries
- Laceration Repair
- Incision & Drainage
- Nail Removal
- IUD & Nexplanon insertions/removals
Major: Biology, Minor: Economics
Tufts University (September, 2010 – May, 2014) & Universidad de Sevilla (January, 2013 – May, 2013)
- Medical School:
Tufts University School of Medicine (August, 2016 – April, 2020)
Hospital Corporation of America: Riverside Community Hospital (RCH)
Family Medicine (July, 2020 – July, 2023)
Certifications. Professional Affiliations. Memberships
- Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certified (PALS)
- Certified Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certified (NRP)
- Advanced Life Support for Obstetrics (ALSO)
Awards & Honors
- 2022 | P.R.E.M.I.E.R Loma Linda University Research Competition
- 2021 | Resident of the Month: Inpatient Morning Report
- 2020 | Resident of the Month: Obstetrics
- 2020 | Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- 2014 | Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
Dr. Garcia’s journey through life has been a diverse and enriching one. Born in Washington and raised in Florida, her educational path led her to Boston, and later to Spain where she studied abroad. Completing her residency in California, she now returns to her roots in Washington, eager to contribute to rural medicine.
Outside Of Work
Dr. Garcia and her husband share a love for adventure and exploration, having traveled far and wide. However, their hearts have settled in the Pacific Northwest, particularly in this picturesque corner of Western Washington. They were particularly captivated by the stunning beauty of the Palouse, along with its abundant opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and camping.
Their newest adventure is parenthood, as they recently welcomed their first bundle of joy, baby Jasper this summer, and they couldn’t be more thrilled to raise him here!
Privleges at Pullman Regional Hospital pending.