Wondering about getting the additional COVID-19 Vaccine?
8/18/2021: Attention Established Palouse Medical Patients
Currently, we are ONLY PERMITTED to vaccinate those who meet the CDC’s immunocompromised definition, as stated above. If you meet the CDC definition listed below AND would like to get your additional Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, please call Palouse Medical at (509) 332-2517 to start the scheduling process!
Individuals in this group are defined by CDC as those who have…
· Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
· Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
· Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
· Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
· Advanced or untreated HIV infection
· Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
NOTICE: CDC now recommends that people whose immune systems are compromised moderately to severely should receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine after the initial 2 doses. Click to read the CDC’s statement. Currently, the CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised individuals receive an additional dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine.
8/16/2021: Regarding NEW Immunization Announcement From CDC
Palouse Medical is working hard to finalize our clinic plan to help patients navigate the recent COVID-19 Booster announcement– so please keep checking back with us online via social media and our website to stay updated! We hope to have options available to announce by Wednesday, 8/18/2021 at the latest. Please encourage friends and family to also follow us online to get this information as soon as it is available! This helps us keep phone lines open for critical care issues. Thank you so much for your help!