What Brought You To The Palouse?
Although she is Family Medicine trained, she has found her greatest fulfillment in healthcare by providing geriatric, preventative care, wellness, working with undeserved populations and enjoys providing Women’s Health and contraceptive counseling.As a Doctor of Osetopathy, Dr. Helen Carlson is a board-certified physician providing full-time primary care on our Internal Medicine Team and working as a Hospitalist at Pullman Regional Hospital. Dr. Carlson loves working in a role where she can still actively provide care in the hospital setting. She finds that maintaining this dual role help to keep her critical hospital medicine skills sharp and creates a more positive transition for any hospitalized patients. At this time, Dr. Carlson’s practice is largely comprised of patients aged 16yrs and older. Please contact our office today to get scheduled or learn more!
EXPAND THE SECTIONS BELOW TO LEARN MORE!
Dr. Carlson is a welcomed addition to our team of healthcare providers, offering comprehensive primary care to patients of all ages for a variety of health care issues, including:
- General Family Medicine for ages 16 and older
- Primary Care & Preventative Medicine
- Geriatric Care
- Wellness Exams; 16 yrs and older.
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- Women’s Health & Contraception Management
- Dermatological Issues
- In-House Procedures & Minor Surgeries
- Laceration Repair
- Nail Removal
- Incision & Drainage
- Joint & Trigger Point Injections
Simpson College (2009) Indianola, Iowa
- Major: Biology
- Minor: Mathematics
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude, GPA 4.0
- Medical School:
Des Moines University (2013) Des Moines, Iowa
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Class Rank: 16 out of 215
- GPA: 94.52%
Cascades East Rural Family Medicine Residency Program (2013-2016) Klamath Falls, Oregon
- Residency Teaching Award (2016)
Certifications. Professional Affiliations. Memberships
Certifications/Affiliations & Memberships
- Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine (2016)
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Member of the American Academy of Osteopathic Medicine (2011 to current)
Additional Certifications & Training
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified
Awards & Honors
- Graduated from Undergrad with 4.0 GPA, Summa Cum Laude
- Graduated in top tier of Medical School class; 16th of 215 students
- Resident Teaching Award (2016)
- Clinical Instructor (2017 – present)
Hospital Staff Member at Pullman Regional Hospital, Pullman, Washington
Dr. Helen Carlson is no stranger to life in rural environment! Born and raised in the Midwest, Dr. Carlson had this to say to those interested in getting to know more about her.
“I grew up in the Midwest, but I moved west as soon as I was able so that I could be closer to the mountains. After meeting my husband in Oregon and completing my residency training, we moved to Pullman for my husband to start graduate school at WSU (go Cougs!). We love the community and enjoy fishing and hiking with our dog Hawkeye on weekends. I became a doctor because my mom, a teacher, taught me the value of helping people achieve their goals and the honor of being a part of a community.
Although I’m family medicine trained, I have found my greatest fulfillment in geriatrics, preventative care and wellness, providing medical access to underserved populations, and Women’s Health, especially contraceptive counseling. I also love providing hospital medicine and find that my dual roles can provide a positive transition for clinic patients. I feel lucky to be a part of this community, and I thank you for letting me share your lives.”