What Brought You To The Palouse?
“It is a gift to be able to be close to family, live in a great community, and be surrounded by beautiful country. The Palouse is home.”
Dr. Mohr graduated from the University of Washington’s School of Medicine in 1997, where he completed his internal medicine internship and medical residency. After finishing this in 2000, he served as Clinical Director for medical services at McNeill Island Correction Center before starting with Palouse Medical in 2001. Joining Palouse Medical in 2001, Dr. Mohr worked in our Pullman office offering internal medicine services and adult primary care.
In 2004, Dr. Mohr pursued a hospitalist opportunity in the Seattle area where he resided for the next 6 years. Working as a hospitalist provided Dr. Mohr with a wide variety of invaluable experiences. However, he missed the patient interaction and opportunity to personalize the medicine he practiced.
In January 2010, Dr. Mohr and his family returned to Pullman, where he again joined our health care team to provide primary care to area residents. Having taken a few years off to obtain his Master’s in Business Adminstration (MBA) from Washington State University, Dr. Mohr once again returned to help provide much needed medical care during the Pandemic. We have been grateful to have his expertise. Dr. Mohr began working in his new part-time role in 2021 and is happily accepting new patient–schedule your appointment today!
EXPAND THE SECTIONS BELOW TO LEARN MORE!
Dr. Benno Mohr enjoys the ability to follow the treatment and overall health care of his patients. As a board certified internist, he enjoys providing all aspects of internal medicine and comprehensive primary care, his specific medical interests include:
- General Internal Medicine – Primary Care
- Preventative Medicine : Wellness Exams & Screening
- Complex Diseases & Disorders
- Diabetes Care
- Musculoskeletal Issues
- Comprehensive Non-Invasive Cardiology Services
- Cardiac Risk Factor Analysis
- Pacemaker Monitoring
- Exercise/Pharmacologic Cardiac Stress Testing
Born in Pullman, Dr. Mohr is no stranger to the Palouse! He was raised in Richland, Washington, but returned to attend Washington State University where he received his undergraduate degree in genetics and cell biology. He went on to complete his medical degree at the University of Washington, and shortly thereafter returned to Pullman to begin his practice. A man of many skills and talents, Dr. Mohr returned to WSU and obtained his Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) in 2016. Outside of work, Dr. Mohr enjoys spending as much time with his family as possible. He also enjoys photography and a wide variety of outdoor recreational activities, such as fishing and hiking.
- Undergraduate Degree:
Bachelor’s of Science from Washington State University (1993) Pullman, WA
- Major: Genetics & Cell Biology
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa
- Medical Degree:
University of Washington’s School of Medicine (1997) Seattle, WA
- Graduating with High Honors
- Member of Alpha Omega Alpha
- Seattle Society of Internal Medicine Award
- Internship & Residency Program:
- Internal Medicine, University of Washington (2000) Seattle, WA
- Chief Resident
- Graduate School:
Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from Washington State University, Carson School of Business (2016)
Certifications/Affiliations & Memberships
- Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified & Member of Society for Critical Care Medicine
- Fundamental Critical Care Support Certified
- NIH Stroke Scale Certified & Member of National Stroke Association
- Member of American College of Physician
- Member of American Society of Echocardiography
- Hospital Staff Member at Pullman Regional Hospital, Pullman, Washington
- Hospital Staff Member at Gritman Medical Center, Moscow, Idaho